Sunday 18 May 2014

Short Plays

I'm reading a book called Ten Short Plays which has been produced by Longman Imprint Books

I want plays that can be read at one sitting in a two hour session so that we can complete the play and discuss it. This book has a good cross section of styles and writers. Absurdism, a community play, a TV play and more. A great book with study activities. The one I enjoyed reading most was Skin by Nicola Batty. 

Writing a short play could be a good writing exercise and I may try it. If I do it I might suggest genre, characters and an inciting incident and see what we get.  

Have a go.

Pick a genre.
Pick up to three characters.
Think of an inciting incident.

Write dialogue and see what you get. Tell a story with a start, middle and end. 


Is there anyone who can read for you so that you can hear how your work sounds?

No comments:

Post a Comment